Sunday, October 7, 2007

Blogging Women

The blog I chose to read was Kameron Hurley's blog on Brutal Women. Ms. Hurley has a very interesting blog. She updates pretty much everyday about anything and everything. She posts songs she recommends, pictures, quotes, and updates on her life. I was most interested in her biography. She is twenty-seven and has done quite a bit of traveling and seems to be a working writer.
Ms. Hurley is pretty interesting. I think the blog is all about women boxers considering the title and all the pictures of female boxers. Kameron talks a lot about boxing and martial arts which is odd to me. I've never met any women that box. Also in her bio she named about ten musicians I've never heard of before and then Eminem. That was striking to me. She wrote one post about her shooting guns. In all honesty I'm pretty afraid of this woman. I'm confused as to some of her posts. I can't tell if they're sarcastic or not. She posted a picture of her shooting bullseye or whatever it's called, and then posted underneath it, "He doesn't make fun of my aim anymore..." I hope I never anger her or else I'm getting capped.
Kameron seems to be a very active and independent person. She does what she wants and does not care too much about what people will think of her. She may have relationship issues. Some of her posts talk about how she needs to be more in touch with her feelings and how she needs to be more open with people.
Brutal Women was a very interesting blog and I'm glad I read it. I just hope I never come across Ms. Hurley and get her mad because I will get my ass kicked with her martial arts/boxing skills and then she could potentially shoot me. That would prevent me from further posts.

1 comment:

caroline said...

It's really interesting to me how different everybody's blogs are - from fashion, to motherhood, to boxing. This one is particularly intriguing.